Friday, September 14, 2012

The Singer Memomatic knit radar works perfectly

I have tested the knit radar on the Memomatic and it works great.  I decided the easiest and most practical way to test it was to knit something so I am knitting a tank top for our Californian grandson.  I will knit another for the New Jersey grandson too and something for our granddaughter too as we are all meeting up in New Jersey for Thanksgiving this year.

Some of the needles on the Memomatic still have stiff latches that don't open flat.  They do knit OK but I have ordered 100 new needles from the Hong Kong Knitting shop and will replace the worst.  I have already changed about 50.  They really were in a bad way.  I tried soaking them in alcohol to free them up but to no avail.

The stiffness is most noticeable when I cast off.  The machine must not have been used in a good while for them to become so stiff.



I attached the YC5 colour changer to test it on this machine
The pattern running through
The YC5 colour changer can only be used if the ribber is attached so changing colour when ribbing is very simple. (now that I have a ribber that works well lol). On just main bed knitting I use it to hold the yarn whilst using a contrast colour.  Much simpler than before when I was trying to put the unused yarn behind the machine and getting all tangled up.  Also I found a simple way to hold the pieces together for taking photos.  Safety pins.  So simple, it took me over a year to think of it!

Just threw this one in to show the beautiful fawn triplets who come visiting almost every day





Yesterday I located a store about 40 miles away that has a 12" white bottom opening zipper so I can finish the little jacket.  We will make the trip out today to get it and do some grocery shopping and go to one of our favourite restaurants for lunch.

I was going to order one online which probably would have worked out cheaper but this way we help to keep a local business going and get to have a delicious barbecue lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.