Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Who knew........there were so many different types of zippers?

Yesterday, we drove to our nearest Walmart Superstore (35 miles away) to get an open ended zipper for the little jacket.  Now this is a store we visit regularly to shop, like every five or so days.  So they must have been very busy in that time because the fabrics and sewing notions section had reduced in size by at least 50% and their inventory of zippers had reduced even more.  So no open ended zippers in the size I wanted.

I was very disappointed but it wasn't a wasted journey because we had to do grocery shopping.

But! I still don't have a zipper.  The next choices are even further away and I know gas isn't as expensive here in the US as it is in the UK but hey, 10 gallons of gas to go to Kansas City is $36 and that is way too much to pay for a zipper.

So I looked online last night and found this sight.

http://www.stanssewingsupplies.com/catalogs/store.asp?pid=235361

I spent a long time looking through this sight and was amazed at all the different types of zippers there are.  I love the ones with multi coloured teeth.

This jacket doesn't call for that though.

The other good thing about this site is that you can get a zip shortened to whatever length you need and as  12  1/2" would be the perfect size I can now get one in my colour of choice and the exact length I want.

The total cost would be about $12, including shipping, which is a lot for a zipper but it would be perfect so I am happy and no driving in the hot weather or wear and tear on the vehicle.

Sometimes things work out for the best.

And now I want to make myself  a jacket so I can get the multi-coloured teeth zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.