Well, I went and did it. I bought a 9mm bulky punchcard machine on ebay. A Singer SK155.
I haven't got it yet but will post pictures when it arrives.
It was on auction with an option to buy it now. It had a couple of bids on it which hadn't met the reserve so I bit the bullet and did the buy it now.
Ebay really flusters me and as I have recently been put on medication to keep my blood pressure down I thought it would save me the stress of bidding.
I am sooooo excited and my husband will get the sweater he wants now. He wants one knitted in bulky yarn.
Plus I have lots of double knit yarn I inherited from my Mum in law so I will be able to use it up now.
I know I have the Knitsmart which is a 8mm but it doesn't feel like a proper knitting machine to me. I know that is totally silly but at my age I allow myself some idiosyncrasies.
Now I will sell one of my SK700's. Not the Studio one as it is my favourite. I will sell the Singer which knits perfectly and I tested it well. I have, or are in the process of obtaining the couple of missing items as I want to get a good price for it and I have noticed that the ones I have seen for sale which have all the accesories, punchcards and patterns usually go for more.
I will also sell the SRP50 ribber and keep the SRP60.
I have seen posts by my buddies on here that obtained a ribber after they got their SK155's and I will keep an eye out for one although I realise they are hard to come by. Meantime I will either hand knit the rib or drop the stitches and pick them back up. I think mock rib will be too thick on it.
The last decision will be whether to sell the Knitsmart, but that is a decision for another day.
Off to send a message to see if the seller has shipped it yet.
I am very excited...........
You will like it Maureen its a good machine. I got the ribber for mine too which is a good addition. The only thing I didnt like about it was that the punchcard is only 12 stitch repeat rather than 24 like on the standard gauges. This is what makes me want the Brother KH260 chunky because the punchcard on those chunky machines are 24 stitch repeats. Hope you enjoy your new purchase!
ReplyDeleteThanks Phil, it is due to be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait. Can you tell me if you can 24st blank punchcards and punch on every other vertical line?
ReplyDeletethere is this video that shows u how to punch a 12 st pattern on 24st punchcards.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwaKaMXSJA