Sunday, May 10, 2015

Photos for the previous post

I seem to be having a 'wide' phase in my knitting.  Nothing intentional, it just seems the two latest projects have turned out to be wider than I think they should be.

The hand knit jacket is in the washing machine hand wash cycle as we speak and I am hoping it will fall into shape a little more.

The cable on the left looks out of wack but it isn't, hoping the wash will sort it out as well as the width problem
The machine knit seems that it is going to be wide also but in fairness to the pattern it is a gathered jacket and I won't be able to tell until it is complete and assembled.

The smooth side of the tuck stitch pattern


The bobbly side of the tuck stitch pattern
Keeping my fingers crossed on the outcome of the washing!

2 comments:

  1. Washing the hand knitted jacket made all the difference. The cabling settled in properly and the shape was much better, longer and not so wide. Happy with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty work I love the tuck stitch work, :-)

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.