Saturday, May 23, 2015

The new sewing machine is fantasidoby!

My new Singer Sew Mate arrived yesterday while we were away at the hospital.  When we eventually got back last night all I had time for was to read through the quick start manual.  Today I browsed through the more detailed manual then watched the video. The video had some great ideas.

Later I took it up to my sewing room and set it up and gave it a thorough testing.  It is great, I absolutely love it,  It stitches so nicely and all the fancy stitches looked like they should.

I tried the buttonholer foot too.  It is a one step buttonhole machine and has 4 different ones to choose from.  The foot has a place where you put the button you are making the hole for then you pull down a lever and the machine makes the button hole the correct size for the button.  Flipping amazing!  The walking foot I bought for my other Singer works on it too as do some of the other feet I have for the Brother.

I tried some free motion stitching as I had a foot from the brother that fitted.  I was not very good, definitely a lot of practice needed but it was fun to try.

I am well chuffed with it.  It has certainly been worth the wait.

Another hospital run tomorrow then next week we have to catch up with the mowing.  I will go out tomorrow while my husband is in the hospital to look for some fabric and a pattern for my 8 year old grand daughter.  I have seen some fabric in our local Walmart I like so will see if they have it in Columbia where we will be.  Hopefully later in the week I will get some time to sew and knit.  Still working on the baby jacket.













1 comment:

  1. I love my sewing machine, it also does one step buttonholes, very useful feature, look forward t seeing what you make now :-)

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.