Wednesday, November 18, 2015

All I want for Christmas is a ?????

Actually I do know what I want for Christmas, it's a Sizzix die cutting machine.  The problem is which one do I need?

If 'Dottie's Daughter' reads this can you let me know what your model number is please.

Also, does it cut through several layers of fabric or felt and what dies do you need to do that.  Does it need the BigZ ones to cut through fabric.  Do you think it would cut leather too?

I have been checking out Amazon but am clueless as to what I need.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I want to make some felt Christmas tree decorations for next year.  I see you make them.  I think it is something I can work on downstairs in the living room. Getting up to my sewing and knitting room is not easy these days with the puppy and other things going on.

As to my other crafty projects, still just working on Granny squares for a blanket for us. I have 16 made so far, so 4' x 4'.  Still have a long ways to go.

I took Maggie to the vets yesterday for her last set of puppy shots and worming plus she got her rabies shot so now she is good for a year.  She weighed in at 31.5lbs. She is 14 weeks old.  I think she is going to be a big 'un.  She is adorable, especially when she is napping lol.  Seriously though, she is doing well.  A tad on the boisterous side so we take her out a couple of times a day and let her run around like a mad thing.  Poor Boris gets worn out trying to keep up.  He does stop though when he has had enough and Maggie eventually slows down.  We are lucky that we have the land for her to run around.  She doesn't wander too far away from us though.

Maggie has found she can get on Papa Bear's chair via the footstool. Caught her on her way to attack my yarn!
Had some rain and strong winds here the past week or so. Can do without the wind but the rain was much needed.


4 comments:

  1. You want either the Sizzix Big Shot or an Accuquilt Go, both will take the Sizzix big die and the Accuquilt dies which are the ones suitable for cutting several layers of fabric felt and leather, avoid the spellbinder and cuttlebug, and go for manual operation rather than electric, if you have a Joanns or michales near you pop in and ask for a demo, not all dies are suitable for fabric some are just designed for papercraft, its the deep cut dies you need, watch a few you tube videos as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying. Going to look at some videos. Not close to a Michaels or Joanns so hopefully I can glean enough from the videos. The one I think i want is a Sizzix Big shot with extended multi purpose platform. It is mechanical and not unreasonably priced.

      Delete
  2. Ditto re what Dawn said Maureen. If you e mail me ... Address on my profile page I will photograph what I use for quilting, and my Big Shot which is much cheaper that the Accuquilt, dies too are cheaper. It might give you an idea to actually "see" them....don't know about leather but I can cut out up to 6 thin cotton fabric layers at a time but will explain on the e mail....Maggie is doing so well. Xx

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.