Sunday, February 19, 2017

Hit a bit of a snag!

The winter tricked me into thinking my knees and arthritis were better.  In reality, I was just doing day to day indoor stuff and working on the treadle machine cabinet in the workshop and no outside work so my knees, especially, were not being too strained.

Yesterday I went to the workshop and spray painted the metal sheet inside the cabinet. The day before I had given it a coat of primer so it needed the top coat.  I used Rustoleum so it wouldn't rust.

After that, this beautiful weather we are having lured me outside and I decided to get the riding mower going and attach the trailer and go pick up some logs we cut last year, before the snakes come out.  This involved dragging the big battery charger outside first, then the air compressor to pump up a partially flat tyre and then the full 5 gallon gas container to fill the mower up. Then it all had to be took back into the workshop.

My husband is so poorly right now he can't help with outside stuff and I am a stubborn cuss and think I can do it all myself.

Well I did all that and drove up to pick up the logs but my right knee went out on me when I was picking them up. I managed to get back on the mower and drive back to the house.  It was fortunate we had the windows open and I could call to JET to bring out a walker.

So for now I am chair bound. I am wearing a knee support and using JET's walker to get to the bathroom. Between us we are managing the day to day things like cooking.  We are quite the sight with the walkers and wheelchair!  I ordered another knee support which I think will be better than my existing one.  I can stand and walk with the walker but about every fifth step I get a searing pain go through my knee.  That is an improvement on yesterday though so I am hoping with lots of rest and the knee support it will get better quickly.

Earlier in the week I had put in a bid and won a used shuttle for the treadle machine on ebay.  It arrived Friday and it fits my machine.  It was only $4.25. To buy them new they are $15+ so I was happy with the purchase and it came with two long bobbins too.  My machine did have the original shuttle and one bobbin so it wasn't a necessary purchase but I thought if I could get it at a good price it would be worth it to have a spare on hand.

I am itching to get the cabinet finished and put the machine back in and try it. As soon as my knee is a bit better I will get back  to it.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, that's what we always do. Weather is great and you feel great so out you go and do too much, now there you sit. Terry has slowed down a lot. I just hope we have a good summer so he can enjoy it. You guys slow down!!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Carol, think we would have learned by now.....but No! Hope your husband enjoys the summer too. We will definitely have to slow down this year. JET has no choice, he is just not able right now. Hoping for a big improvement when they unblock his arteries.....again.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.