Thursday, August 10, 2017

Yeah, I think my mojo is coming back!

It is now four and a half weeks since I had the neck surgery.  I have been off the painkillers for 11 days now and was cleared to drive by the doctor.  Did my first drive yesterday, just a 70 mile all round trip to our shopping town. I am still getting a bit of pain and will be restricted from lifting anything heavy for months but I am feeling a lot better.

My husband has been working outside and he had to fell a pretty large oak tree that had died and was close to his hunting blind.  It had already dropped a large limb that came dangerously close to the blind so there was a serious risk that the tree would fall down too onto it.

He really isn't well enough to do these things but he is a stubborn cuss at times and went ahead.  I had to be nearby just in case anything went wrong and I could call for help.  Fortunately, it all went to plan and the tree was cut down, cut up and the wood brought up to the wood pile for winter.

I don't know if it was being outside a lot or what but the desire to make something came back.

I have got some leather ready to make Maggie a new collar. I am using a belt billet set I had purchased some time ago when our local hardware had a clear out sale of leather items.  I actually bought a half dozen of these as they were on 25c each! The two top pieces are the set and you attach them each end of the collar.  The holes are pre cut and snaps are already on them so it makes it a lot easier.  The piece of leather has to be cut to size yet and the stamping of her name and some patterning and colouring done.  I will add a rivet also just in case the snaps should come undone.  Not likely but best be safe than sorry.



Also, I got my old computer set up again up in my sewing room to make a pattern on the Knitware program for a sweater for myself.  I had had to move it when I put the treadle sewing machine up in my room. This I will start on when my husband starts going up to the blind in September to hunt with his bow.

Now considering it is only Thursday and we spent all yesterday afternoon shopping and the rest of the days dealing with the tree, I think I have made some giant steps to getting my making things mojo going again.

If it is cool tomorrow morning I will work in the workshop on the collar.

Yeah for the returning mojo!

1 comment:

  1. Great! I'm so glad the surgery went well and the healing process is done. Yes, being outside always gets my juices flowing, but usually to do OUTSIDE stuff. Terry is always pushing it too far when he feels good, but pays later on. Glad to see you post.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.