As my knee is so much better now I am way more active. The hot weather has kept me inside more than I would like but I can't do the heat and humidity very well so I am better off indoors. Hopefully the cooling down will start soon.
My husband had (with my approval) moved a lot of his stuff into my sewing room in a bid to sort out his office/studio. He is not the tidiest person in the world and he always seem to be in the midst of a crisis of some sort. The latest being his Mac computer and hard drive issues. This has lasted a month but thankfully it seems to be settling down now. But I digress, he had a lot of his manuscripts scattered over my working table and had set up a computer on my desk.
I needed to work on my treadle sewing machine as last time I used it it was not stitching properly. Well, I was working away and he needed to get past me to go to the bathroom. (His office is a room off my sewing room and he needs to walk through my room to get to the bathroom).
The way my room was set out meant that I had to get up to let him past. I thought this was not really a good arrangement so I decided to revamp my sewing room.
I moved my work table to be at right angles to my desk and I moved my treadle machine at right angles to the work table. I moved my other sewing cabinet to right angles at my desk on the other side and my office chair sits right in the middle and I can get to my table, my treadle machine, my sewing machine cabinet and the desk without having to get up. There is a space for me to get into my little enclave and the route through my room to the bathroom is free for my husband to pass back and forth as often as he wants without disturbing me.
I cleared some shelves for all his manuscripts so they are off my work table and the leaves on my sewing cabinet can now open fully for me to sew. Before I just used to sit the sewing machine on top without opening up the leaves of it as there was not room to do that.
I am a happy camper now and I worked on my treadle machine and got it stitching correctly again.
That coupled with some new glasses, well overdue as I had been wearing the same pair for 10 years, has cheered me up.
Still working on getting my husband's health issued sorted. We saw his new primary care physician last week and she is young and dynamic. She is getting him a ct scan done on the area in his chest where he has a port implanted as he has been having a lot of pain in the area. Once we know for sure his port is OK she will pursue his neurologist about getting him some treatment asap. He needs the port to be functional to administer the infusions or plasmatheresis.
Pictures to follow in the next blog.
Such good news about your knee and well done with sorting it all out.
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks, I was very happy with the outcome. I follow your blog every day and happy all is good in your world. XXXXX
DeleteHey! HI!! I would be crazy if anyone had to pass through my sewing room. I am crazy I know but I don't like anyone to even go into it. I think probably because it's the only place I have total control. After moving, I still don't have it well organized but it IS coming along. Terry has developed a new health issue that I'm pretty concerned about. Waiting for lab results to see what the next step will be. Glad you are getting along better. It's hot where we are in CA, but not humid so the heat is pretty livable even though it often tops 100. Feels about like 85 did back home as long as you are in the shade. Very dusty though and air quality from the fires is a concern since Terry has COPD.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol
Sorry to hear about the added health issue. Going through a bit of the same here, waiting for a ct scan for him to see if his port has gone bad and will have to be removed. Hope the blood tests don't show anything bad. Such a worry for you. XXXXX
DeleteGlad you have managed to get your sewing room sorted and the treadle working properly. Sorry to read about your hubby, hope all goes well and you get hime a little more comfortable. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I am so happy with my new sewing room arrangement. I took some photos yesterday, will try and blog today. I am sorry your husband is having a flare up. Our menfolk seem to be susceptible to neurological problems. One day someone will find a cure.
Delete