Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yeah, the knitting machine arrived.

I spent yesterday catching up with correspondence, filing, making phone calls and bill paying so when it arrived I would be free to enjoy it. Well, I waited and waited and waited and finally at 7pm the UPS guy showed up with it. I was like a kid at Christmas. I opened it up and checked it was what the seller on ebay had purported it to be and it was. I read the manuals to familiarize myself with the parts and terminology etc. I was exhausted by the time I went to bed and actually slept like a log.

This morning I took it upstairs and assembled the main bed. I decided to play around with that before attempting to incorporate the ribber. Well, what can I say?....I dropped stitches, I got tangles, you name it I did it wrong. So many different levers to keep changing but I'll get the hang of it. I tried the punch card and it seems to work OK, but haven't got the hang of the correct tensions and hanging on the weights yet. All in good time.

I was happy with today's progress but realize I have to practice a lot more before I embark on a garment.

The grass needs mowing and I just haven't felt like doing it, have to go to town to get gas and the blades need sharpening which involves my husband and he just hasn't felt up to it. He is just so exhausted all the time and is finding it more difficult to get up and down even out of chairs so getting down to lie on the shop floor and take the blades off doesn't look like it will be on the cards for much longer, if at all. Maybe he will feel a little better tomorrow and it is supposed to be cooler too.

Will try to get out and do a little mowing in the morning. We have a bit of gas in it and if the blades hold out I should get some done. Maybe a trip into town later in the day for gas but to be honest I have enjoyed the past few days of going 'nowhere' so am a little loathe to go out tomorrow. We have to go to Columbia Thursday so could pick up gas on the way home......if we remember to take the gas cans with us lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.