Friday, June 24, 2011

An amazing kindness shown by a total stranger

Back to the knitting machine for this post. The ribber didn't have a manual which I knew when I bought it. I thought it would be easy to find one on the internet but I had searched relentlessly for over a week to no avail. Somewhere in my search though I came across a knitting forum and someone who had bought a similar machine to mine had asked a question and another lady, Julie, who was familiar with the machine had responded to her. Based on the remote chance that Julie might also have a ribber I sent her a message and asked if by any chance she did and did she have a manual for it. She replied the same day saying that she did have a manual, albeit a little old and worn but she would try to get it copied the next day. She did and put it in a pdf file and emailed it to me last night.

How amazing that this total stranger took time out of her busy life to do that for me?

I was blown away by her kindness.

Julie, if you ever read this blog, please know that I am eternally grateful to you.

Shopping on the cards for today and if it dries up a little some mowing then hopefully some knitting practise time later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.