Sunday, October 23, 2011

'Bout time they sent me to the knacker yard!

I decided to make the hood today on the little jacket.  Remember I am using the knit radar for the first time and sometimes I think I am cleverer than I really am..

I thought I was being really clever by remembering to adjust the pattern piece so the centre line was two stitches left of zero to keep the pattern central.  I did a great job of increasing to get to the required stitches and got half way up hood when something clicked in my head!   Clearly the shaping I was doing on the outside edges was for the back of the head so 'Um, where is the opening for the head'?????

I looked back at the pattern and it was marked left side and right side.  Duh!!! The hood has to be made in two pieces.  The centre line wasn't the centre line at all, it was the edge of the hood where the face goes lol.

Undid it and decided to watch the Nascar race instead.  Not such a good idea either!

Ah well, there's always tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.