Friday, October 7, 2011

Yeah for progress

Yesterday was a good knitting day.  It was late in the afternoon when I went up to give it another try. I had a little problem with the ribbing but I undid it and jiggled a little with the positioning of the ribber and started again.

Ribbing this time went great with another perfect cast on.  Transferred the needles to main bed, set up the punch card and proceeded cautiously.

I decided to use the punch card I really wanted to use which was the one that Alex had posted and I had punched out.

After every row I paused and checked the tension mast was OK and nothing was getting caught up anywhere. I glanced at the needles on the machine to see if everything looked OK.  I moved my  claw weights every 10 rows or so.  I only had the two small ribber weights on the ribber cast on comb.

So here is the first piece, the back, in all it's glory.

I was sooooo happy!


2 comments:

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.