Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Swatch sample

I did a swatch using three different punchcards for tuck stitch.  I tried to find ones that didn't look like they piled too many stitches on one needle in the hope it would avoid the problem I was having with the odd dropped stitch. I was surprised at the different sizes that the patterns make as each section has the same number of rows and the same number of stitches.  I am going to use the pattern at the top.


The centre sample is quite thick.  I am hoping I can use that punchcard and tuck stitch to use up my very thin yarn so I don't have to use two strands.  But that's a future project.  Have to get this one under my belt first.

I have decided to use different colours to what I originally planned.  I will do the rib, the hood and the band at the top of the sleeves in a pretty lilac colour and the body in off white.  I have a 9oz cone in both of these colours and they are the same yarn as the blue I used in this swatch.

Fingers crossed for a successful day today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.