Saturday, August 25, 2012

I have the machine, ribber and LC2

I have the new machine, ribber and lace carriage.  There was a bit of a hiccup with ebay and paypal because the seller couldn't get the invoice adjusted to take out the shipping charges but we got it resolved, met with the lady and paid her cash and got a receipt.

AND......drumroll here.......the original pattern sets and punchcards were with it and the pattern sets have never been used.  I am ecstatic, I have been looking for those since I got my other machine over a year ago.

There may be a problem with the Lace carriage because several pieces of metal fell out of it.  They do not appear to be the moving parts, more like the casing.  I am hoping it will still operate.  It is complete with punch cards and weights.

The machine is in excellent condition, haven't tried it yet but everything looks OK and it came with all the accessories except the left latch guide.  I have both with my other machine.  I am not sure what they do, I have never had to use them yet on my original machine so they must be for something more advanced than I do.


It also has the original punch card set, all 20 of them.  It has all three original manuals too.  My original machine only came with two and I had to print up the Pattern manual which I found on the internet.

My other machine also only came with 10 of the original punchcards.  I had found what I thought were photos of the original set and punched up the ones that were missing but some of them were different to the original set.  I will punch up the different ones for my original machine then both machines will have a full set and I will have some different ones also.

Now to the ribber, it is a SRP60, not the SRP60N as I originally thought.

I spent quite a bit of time going through all the equipment and checking it all out.

I  decided that I would finish the baby jacket on my original equipment before trying the new machine, ribber and LC2.

I was still having problems ribbing though and after a couple of bad days using it, yesterday, I decided to set up the new ribber on my original machine.

I am in heaven.  It works perfectly.  First time it did a perfect zig zag and cast on and no dropped stitches and tightness. I did a lot of practice pieces on it and they were all perfect and the YC5 colour changer works perfectly with it and no loops!

Cosmetically, it isn't as nice as my original ribber, the metal on the back is tarnished a little and there was a little rust on the runner.  I cleaned it all up and oiled it.  It has a couple of gate pegs that had rusted too.  I cleaned them the best I could.  But it works beautifully and I am so, so happy with it.  Bonus, it come with ribber covers too and the original manual. My original ribber was missing the manual and I had to buy one for it in pdf form and print it up and it never did have the covers.

It sits much further away from the knitter than my original ribber so I think that is the problem.  When I have time, I will try and adjust the original one so it sits the same as the new one.  For now the new one is staying on my original machine and I am going to enjoy being able to rib without problems.

So to summise, Being able to rib properly and having the original punchcards, pattern sets, manuals and ribber covers is worth the $265 I paid.

The machine will work fine I am sure, it needs a new sponge bar before I can try it and hopefully the LC2 will work too.   If the LC2 doesn't work I will be disappointed but I won't feel cheated.

I think I got a heck of a bargain.

Pictures will follow.

In addition to the above there are several instruction manuals, an extra yarn feeder and mast, a puncher and a wide weight comb.

2 comments:

  1. It must feel just like Christmas!
    I hope the lace carriage works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too but if it doesn't I will not be complaining.

      It is better than Christmas, so many things and I can rib without problems, that's the best present of all!

      I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so happy and excited about the ribbing. I have been battling with the original ribber for over a year!

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.