So I made a couple of mistakes today. The first was to mis-cut two of the blue squares with flowers which meant I had to change my pattern. I didn't have enough blue fabric to cut another two squares. So now I only had six of those and I had planned for eight. So, I cut an extra two of on of the other fabrics I am using.
I laid out all the squares in the redesigned pattern but two of the fabrics didn't contrast enough and there was no way not to put them together.
So back to the workshop to dig through my other tote of fabric which I thought was mainly dressmaking fabric. But, surprise! There was a lot of quilting fabric in there so I found a fabric that would do to replace one of the two similar patterns. Obviously way back when when I thought I had sorted out the fabric I hadn't done a very good job.
Will be out all day tomorrow so it will have to be Thursday before I get back to it.
Cutting squares of equal size is not that easy! I need to get a rotary cutter my Facebook friends tell me so I will pick one up tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.