Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thinking about making a baby quilt.

I have attained the age of 66 and never ever made a quilt.  Some will throw their hands up in sheer horror and be mortified and others will say "Me neither".  It matters not, I am past the point of worrying over such things.

So I have a mind to make a baby quilt.  I have looked at many articles about quilt making.  I don't want to be an expert, I just want to make a plain old patchwork quilt.  I don't have the time or the patience to make some of the absolutely fabulous quilts I have seen articles about.  Maybe if I had started in my twenties I would be at that point now, but I didn't.

So a simple patchwork quilt it will be.

I have the fabric, I even have some squares that my Mum in law had cut out at some point in her life and some fancy shaped pieces she had cut out.  I will look at them and see if I will use them.  They are stored out in the workshop.

So methinks that is going to be my next project.

My husband is researching making shoes and boots from leather so we will be working on that too.

So maybe we are over our funk!

I think a new sewing machine is out of the question, we worked on a list of things that we need and need to do yesterday and I realise a new sewing machine is not a priority.  Especially as I already have three.  (can't help smiling here).

Sometimes I am worse than a kid when I want something.  I obsess! But I think I have got over it now...................................maybe!

2 comments:

  1. I am 67 and started quilting this year. I am not an expert but I have enjoyed making the few I have done. The one thing I have learned is that if it pleases me it is right!!! I am a hand and machine knitter and garment sewer primarily but quilting is fun and taught me a lot about precision. Good Luck, don't stress over it though just enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. I am really looking forward to starting on this project. I need to watch a couple of Youtube videos first to get some pointers on how to put a quilt together.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.