I am really happy with how the quilting looks on the back. I did get a little pucker in it but it isn't really noticeable so not redoing it.
Last night I sat and tried to attach the edging by tacking it. It didn't look like it was going to work so I undid it and decided to sleep on it. I thought I might try using the edging differently. I had previously cut it out, joined it and ironed it in half to use double. When I tacked it on it didn't look like it would cover the backing fabric which was slightly short on one edge. (see previous posts about this). I thought maybe I would use it singly which would make the edging wider.
Today I went up to my sewing/knitting room with this plan in mind. I stitched all around the edge of the quilt as per the instructions. (I had previously missed doing this). Then I trimmed it again then played around with the edging. I thought it may be more difficult to do it singly so I reverted back to the original plan and tacked the edging on using it doubled. When I checked it was going to cover the backing fabric OK so then I machine stitched it in place.
So tonight I will remove the tacking stitches then turn the edge and tack it down ready to hand stitch it down.
Finally, I can see an end in sight. I thought this would be an easy and quick project but not so. I will be so much better prepared if I make another one though.
Addendum:
Tacked the edging in place ready to sew. After seeing the photo I made a mental note to pull the edging over the stitches showing on the back when I stitch it. Did it tonight while watching TV in semi darkness! That is my excuse anyway. It just goes to prove though the old adage that the camera never lies!
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.