This past week has been very busy and stressful. The weather has been nasty. Overall, this winter has been very cold but we hadn't had much snow and ice. That changed this past week and we have had snow, ice and freezing rain. I don't like driving in it. We saw a lot of people in ditches and wrecks. Thankfully, we got all our hospital visits in safely and we don't have to go anywhere for a few days, at least. We have been having freezing rain all morning so probably we couldn't walk outside anyway.
On one of the days we were home this past week I got some work done on the quilt. I did the quilting stitching. I am really happy how it turned out. I did make a couple of mistakes when quilting through the centre motif. I didn't have a seam to follow so my stitching went a bit wonky!
I unpicked it and will redo it when I get back upstairs to sew. I will tack a line as a guide and stitch either side of it. The back also looks great. I really like how doing the quilting stitching makes the front and back look.
Next will be the edging. Still pondering on that because the backing fabric wasn't quite as big as the top. I cut the edging quite wide so I am not sure whether to overlap the edging more than normal so it covers the smaller back also or trim the top to match the back.
I will wait on making a decision, I am sure the best way will reveal itself as I work on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.