Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tried the walking foot

I set aside some time to try the walking foot today.  I wanted to try it on some scrap rather then jump right in on the quilt.  I joined together some strips I found in my MIL's stash and along with some scrap fabric and batting I made the proverbial quilt sandwich.

It wasn't perfect by any means but it wasn't difficult to do.  I used contrasting thread so I could see it better.  The back puckered a little  in a couple of places but on the actual quilt I will be colour matching the thread for the back so any similar puckering shouldn't be noticeable.  Not sure what colour thread to use on the front yet.  I am juggling between white or red.  The front didn't pucker at all so it is just a matter of choice.  Think I am erring on the side of red though as there will be stitching on the border and I just think red on red on the border would look better.

It will be a week or so now before I can get back to it so who knows what my thought processes will be then!



The walking foot in place and it worked very well.  Very happy with my ebay purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.