The baby hand knitted jacket is almost finished. Just sewing it all together right now. The machine knit one is progressing. The back is all done and the skirt part of one front is done. Haven't had too much time this past week but the machine is working fine now. Will post some pictures later when hand knit is completely done.
Our new grand daughter Vivian Ann arrived May 2nd. A perfect little baby girl. Still waiting on pictures.
Back to the machine knitted jacket, I am making the skirt part of the top in tuck stitch using #3 punchcard of the set that came with the machine. I like both sides of it. The bodice I am making in stocking stich. I am having to use two colours as I realised I didn't have enough pink yarn to finish it. So, the bodice is in lemon and I have put two pink stripes on it so it blends. The sleeves will be lemon too and the front bands and neck band.
My goal is to sew it up so it can be used either way. Not sure if I can sew that neatly but will try. If I succeed then I will sew buttons on both sides of the band. It only takes three buttons at the top. I will use flat buttons so it shouldn't cause any discomfort. It is like a coat jacket so will be worn on top of other clothes and is for her when she is about 1 year old.
It sounds lovely a revisable little coat, congratulations on the arrival of your granddaughter :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, hoping I can make it work.
Delete