Thursday, February 11, 2016

A two minute quickie sewing job

My husband wanted a piece of felt to lay his Damascus steel knife on in his cabinet in his office.  (A long story behind all this which I will recant on my new blog).

My sewing room is all set up to go so it wasn't a problem to get a piece of the felt I bought to use on my Sizzix machine, fold it in half and fancy stitch around it on my new sewing machine. No prep to do so it was a two minute quickie sewing job.

When I turned it I forgot to pull it through at the beginning and it got a bit of overstitching but as it will reside inside the cabinet I didn't spend the time to undo it and re do it.

I have found that this new sewing machine doesn't feed the fabric quite as well as my older Singer but I forget that sometimes especially when I haven't used it for a while.


4 comments:

  1. My sewing machines all have their little quirks and I used to forget or get them the wrong way round. So I made a list for each machine and tied it to the cable, it has saved me a few disasters. The knife is a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, will have to do that for the new one. My older Singer is pretty basic and works like a charm, the newer one is a bit more finicky but of course it can do so much more.

      Delete
  2. All mine are differences, just like people

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.