Monday, August 6, 2018

A scorpion tale! (photo now added)

Regular readers will know that we have a scorpion problem where we live.  They are nasty little boogers that pack a very nasty sting that doesn't subside for two hours but are fortunately not toxic.
(Unless you get an anaphylaxis reaction to them, which fortunately, so far, we haven't).

This year, we hadn't had so many.  They came out in Spring then we have only seen a few since then until last night!!!

We were in bed and neither of us were sleeping that well as it was very hot despite the fans and a/c.  My husband felt something on his leg and it was heading in my direction.  He knows how I am about bugs so he grabbed it! It was a scorpion!!!!!

As luck would have it, he got it by it's tail, just below it's stinger so it couldn't get it's stinger in contact with his skin. 

He slowly got out of bed and put on the light.  I asked him if he was OK and he said he was directing all his attention to the beasty in his hand.  I jumped out of bed and got the pair of scissors we keep on the dresser by the bed to cut up said beasties if we see them.

If it had been on me I would have had a hissy fit, screamed knocked it off and probably it would have stung the both of us.

He is always my hero but last night he was my hero of heroes.

Head chopped off and tail cut off into 2 pieces!

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure how I would react, probably like you a screaming hissy fit. I am so glad that we don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW how I would react. I think it goes far beyond Hissy Fit!! I was getting really sick of all the bugs that were coming in the house. I think they are worse this year because of all the rain. I bought insect strips and put one in just about every room. So far I see no ants, gnats, flies and I hope they are taking care of spiders too.. I hope they will take care of the stink bugs this fall. I'm going to put a supply in so I have them when these play out. They are supposed to last 4 months.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.