Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Think I am done with knickers now!

After making the knickers with lace for Fern mentioned in a previous post I thought I would try my hand at knitting some.

I wasn't happy with the ones I made, the lace just didn't go on right.  I have since trimmed it a bit and it is better but still not as good as I would like.

Anyway, the first knitted pair were huge!!!!! Like a great big nappy (diaper). 

So I modified the pattern, used a thinner yarn and smaller needles and made a couple of pairs.  They are much better so it is time to move on from knickers. (phew!) I have two good pairs and one so so pair.  The pinky coloured ones will be the first of the doll clothes for our grand daughter.  I hope I can find a teddy bear that the big ones will fit!

Look at the white ones top right, they are huge!!!!


Next on the agenda is a cardigan.  I can sit and knit at night whilst watching TV, I don't have to set aside a time like I do for sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.