Tuesday, August 28, 2018

I think I have gone full circle and am in my second childhood!

First of all, Fern is a twin!  Who would have known?  On another trip to the Thrift store I found her sister, messy hair and all, thrown on the top shelf with a load of stuffed toys.

She was undressed, mucky and her hair was a tangled mess.  It is long though. She cost me 25 cents.

I bought her home, cleaned and sanitised her and spent a long time detangling her hair.  Her hair is actually very long and very thick and I named her Peggy as she too has wonky legs!

They are identical other than the length of their hair,

So far I have made them both a knitted jacket and a skirt for Peggy.  Fern did at least come with a skirt and top.  At least, they are now both presentable.

The little jackets were quite fiddly and took a fair bit of time each to knit.  I am now working on a third for our grand daughter.  I had nearly forgotten the purpose of getting the doll in the first place, hence the title of this post.

I have to admit though that I am enjoying making these clothes for the dolls.


The first jacket I made.  Was very thin yarn and US#1 very thin needles

Amended the pattern for thicker yarn and needles
Identical faces so must be twins!



1 comment:

  1. You have a KNACK for this. The costumes are beautiful and I would never have known those little girls had grubby hair!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.