Thanks to reading another blog I was compelled to google what a Knitmaster 4500 machine is. I was amazed to see it was the same one as I had all those years ago. Mine didn't have a ribmaster though. But now at least I know what it was. I loved that machine, it was my first and I was 21 when I got it. The good thing about that machine was the sinkers. No weights required. Sometimes the simplest things are the best!
http://www.knittingmachinemuseum.com/Knitmaster_4500.php
i am so glad you have found your machine again. i think it provides a very nice distraction, plus it's so beautifully creative.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have remembered what machine you had. I have got a Knitmaster 4500 with ribmaster too - I dont tend to use it but when I do its good fun using it, as you have to lay the yarn in yourself. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe other think I loved about this machine is the simple thing on the front to attach the end of the yarn to. So much better than winding round the clamps. I tried using clothes pegs but I only have some old fashioned wooden ones. I am going to look for some of the smaller plastic ones.
ReplyDelete