I got a couple of hours yesterday afternoon to try some things. Firstly, a big thanks to Phil for his tips on casting on on the main bed. Pulling the needles out to D position for the first six rows works perfectly. No floats. Also I ordered a set of long combs on ebay. The hook type to better weight the knitting when casting on using the main bed.
I decided to give the blue and green yarn another go. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment! What can I say, I'm a stubborn old lady who doesn't like to waste anything. I tried just using one strand and while it knits very easily, the knitting comes out too thin even on the tightest tension. So I tried using two strands using the punch card that knits every other stitch. I used one blue strand and one green strand with each fed through their own side of the yarn feeder.
Afterwards I thought that I could have used two strands of the same colour using the punch card to give a plain colour with a thicker texture. So I do have a way to use up that yarn now.
I thought I would make our dog a doggy coat to start with and see how that comes out.
So that was my knitting experience yesterday.
Have to get some different yarn to make my second youngest grandson's sweater. My husband wants him to have a royal blue one and I don't want to use the thin yarn.....so back to yarn shop we will go lol. Also I need to get some contrast colour to go with it and some to go with the yarn I have for my grand daughter.
Housework day today so probably no knitting. Blah!
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.