Sunday, August 21, 2011

Best of three

I knitted another front yesterday.  When I dropped the ribber bed the rib looked fine so I proceeded on.  The pattern seemed to knit OK so I carried on some more.  The shaping went well for the left side so on I went again and the final side went good too.

I took it off the machine, turned it over and it was almost perfect.  The patterning was fine but the rib was still a bit tight in places.  I stretched it out both longways and sideways and that helped quite a bit so now it is only barely noticeable.

I think I had the tension too tight for the yarn.  I did it on 4:4. Also I don't think I've quite got the hang of the yarn mast tension either so I will loosen that a notch too.

I notice that it only looked tight on the front so maybe I should have used a looser tension on the main carriage.  I will change it for the sleeves, I will probably do them on a 5 for the ribber carriage and a 5.. for the main carriage.

I am happy that I now have a good front and can proceed with the sleeves.

Loving my machine adventures.



2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying yourself Maureen! Its all part of the machine knitting adventure. Im hoping to start another correspondence course this week using the ribber. Im hoping it will teach me a lot about the ribber that I never knew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you learn lots too Phil and enjoy the course.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.