I had a little trouble right at the end with it missing loops. Think the weight of the knitting on a few stitches was too much for the machine to cope with the tuck pattern. I managed to knit them in by hand as fortunately it didn't drop any stitches.
So the back and both fronts are done.
I realized that I was not going to have enough of the cream yarn to knit two sleeves, even with the cuffs being knitted in the lilac. I called the yarn store and they had one cone left with the same dye number. Phew!!!! They are mailing it out to me. Much easier and cheaper than the two hour drive to pick it up.
Will do the hood next as I am doing that in lilac and by then the new yarn should be here to do the sleeves.
One of the things that happened this past weekend was we were involved in an accident. Not a serious one thankfully. We had spent a lovely day at the lake visiting with a friend at his new lake house. On the way back we decided to pull into the gas station to get coffee. My husband was driving and he accidently pushed the accelerator instead of the brake when we were pulling up in front of the store. We mounted the sidewalk and hit the building. The wall under the window caved in and our driver side was damaged. It is still driveable thankfully. We will replace the lamp unit but will not do the other work as the vehicle is nearly 12 years old. There was no tickets issued as the Policeman was sympathetic and knew it was accidental. The insurance will cover the damage to the property.
The good part of the day, on the lake in our friend's boat
The bad part!
My husband has decided to stop driving. His legs are too weak he realises. So I will have to do all the driving henceforth which is why I am grateful to be having the yarn mailed out.
Have also made a little progress on the sunroom renovations this past couple of weeks so it isn't all bad.


Looking good Maureen! that was really lucky that they had one cone of the cream yarn left, which means you can carry on with the sweater when it arrives. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I am really lucky. I could have improvised by making the sleeves lilac with cream cuffs but really didn't want to do that as I am making the hood with lilac. Hopefully the yarn will be here Monday but I can do the hood tomorrow with the lilac hopefully. It has been a weird past few weeks but is settling down now so should get some free time tomorrow.
ReplyDelete