Yesterday afternoon I tried many times to start on a garment and I kept having problems with the every other stitch casting on again. I finally realized that it is not me. At first I put it down to user error but the same thing kept happening over and over again and always on the right side. When I took off the front plate I could see that one of the round brush covers was warped. I had managed to find a maintenance manual online so I knew the correct names to look up on the internet for availability. I have found a source for all spare parts for my machine, it is Hong Kong but the shipping is free. The parts are not outrageously priced either.
I was a little dubious about the supplier but it shows up all over the place and on ebay too and has good feedback so I will go ahead and order some, probably through ebay as they have buyer protection.
I also found a great website about machine knitting and problems and sure enough, the looping I am getting is caused by worn round brushes.
What on earth did we do before the internet eh?
Meantime I have two options. It seems to knit well on every stitch so I could do a turned edge or I could put on the ribber as to use the ribber you have to take off the plate that has the faulty brushes.
Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Meanwhile, I will order the parts then ponder some more.
Am I ready for the ribber???? That is the burning question of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.