Thursday, July 21, 2011

just one teensy weensy thing I forgot!!!!!

So, I had time this afternoon for knitting so upstairs I went to the spare room where I have my machine set up.

I casted on perfectly, I ribbed perfectly, I transferred all the stitches perfectly, I weighted it perfectly, I put in the punchcard perfectly, I did my row for it to remember the pattern and off I went on the pattern. The contrast color was knitting in OK so I was knitting up a storm.

Now on machine knitting you can only see the back of the knitting but a dozen rows into the pattern I could see something was wrong. It looked like it was doing just stripes instead of patterns.

I checked everything and I had forgotton just one step!!!!It was to take the punchcard lever off of stop to go. (round spot to triangle) arrgghh!!!!! This meant that the punchcard wasn't going through so it was just repeating the one row.

So I got stripes, which my husband and I both agree are pretty nifty but it doesn't match the back lol.

At least I know how to make vertical stripes now!

Going to see if I can get pictures and post but first I need a cup of tea.

Too late to start again this afternoon. Need a good couple of hours without interruptions and I won't get that now, plus that cup of tea is calling to me.

Too bad we already had pie and ice cream, I could have wallowed in self pity over a plateful of that. Maybe a cookie with my tea will help.

A knitting blog I read has the lady quoting that she makes a lot of things but most of all she makes mistakes. I can certainly relate to that! But, I'm still very much enjoying the challenges.


This is what it should have looked like


This is what I got.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.