Sunday, December 8, 2024

Day 8

I made it back for day 8, and I have written my Christmas cards and packaged up the new Santa to send him off tomorrow. I did not send any cards to my Canadian friends and family, though, as they are in the midst of a postal strike. Even if it gets resolved, they will be so far behind that there is no chance they will get there in time. They have been on strike for several weeks, apparently.

Elfie showed up on our Santa's lap, I guess he has a wish list too. The smaller Santa is one my mother in law made many years ago.  He comes out every year too.


We are up to date on our Choceur advent calendars; the chocolate is very nice.

Going to make a big pot of chile next, which will be most welcome in this cold weather.  We will eat it for a couple of days, then freeze the rest in single servings for other times.

We are enjoying the cheery lights, Christmas tree and decorations.

Be back tomorrow.....


2 comments:

  1. Cute picture. Chili sounds just right to hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting the Christmas Cards done!

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.