I took the parcel with Santa in to the Post Office today to send to England. The post-person asked if I had attached the customs form. I said “No, can you give me one please and I will do it.” To which she replied “You have to do it online, and print it and attach it then bring it back.”
I was gobsmacked, I have been mailing things to the UK for years and always got the form at the post office. Not to mention the 70 mile round trip to go to the Post Office. What would happen if I didn’t have a computer and printer?
It wasn’t a total wasted journey though as I picked up some groceries and my medication.
I also got some more lights for our Christmas tree.
I will be back tomorrow….
Wow I can't believe that! What happens if you don't have a computer and a printer? I'll certainly have to check the next time I go to the post office.
ReplyDeletePlease let me know when you do. I am sure this post person wasn't too well informed.
DeleteThat is crazy. I'd be S*** out of luck - I no longer have a working printer. I would say someone was not wanting to do a little extra work.
ReplyDelete