I got both sleeves done and have it sewn up except for the left back seam. I just have the neckline to do. I am going to do it the same as I did the previous sweater in that I make the cast on edge the open edge and then bring the sweater to the machine with the ribbing on (after I have transferred all the stitches onto the main bed) and attach the sweater to the neckband by picking up the stitches along the back, top of sleeve and neck edge then knitting one row and casting off. This way the nice cast on edge is what shows. Because I am doing a mitred neckband I will do it in two parts.
Should get that done today or tomorrow. Have been kind of putting it off because i can't make up my mind on whether to do it in the contrast colour, or do it in the main colour, or do stripes with two contrast and one main colour or two main colour and one contrast. decisions, decisions, decisions.........
Looking forward to the next garment. I think a cardigan for my grand daughter, the third youngest of my grandkids. Then a sweater for my husband ready for the winter. Doesn't feel like winter will ever get here, it's going to be 101F for the next three days!!! Forecast is predicting a bit of a cool down next week though. Fingers crossed on that!
I think it is looking lovely what yarn do you use because things you knit always look very sparkly which is always a good thing lol, I can't wait for the winter either, it always feels nice to knit at christmas time.
ReplyDeleteAlex
I use a brand of yarn called Tranzada made by Millor yarns who apparantly are no longer in business. This yarn is an acrylic nylon mix with a very fine sparkly thread in it. Too bad they have gone! Will buy up what I can when I can to keep me going.
ReplyDelete