Today I decided to mark up a blank and punch it out. As you can see it has a lot of holes to punch and I decided to make it the full length of the blank card rather than the shortened one.
I was doing great until my husband came into the room and started chatting. At that point I should have laid it down....but no, I was feeling over confident and carried on punching away. I punched a wrong hole. aarrgghh!!!!!
It took a long time to mark and punch and I didn't want to start all over again. I thought about using sellotape but it would cover up some of the holes I'd already punched and then it wouldn't have a little hole in it for me to use to re-punch them.
'Google it' my husband said.......so i did and found this very useful tip which I expect you all know but thought I would post about it in case anyone didn't. It was actually in part of the description of a puncher for sale.
Punch Card Punch - This punch card puncher is used for 24 stitch punch cards. Transfer your punch card design to the blank punch card. There is a little point on the cutter in the punch card puncher that you position in the tiny hole of the card. Squeeze the trigger and the hole is punched. If you make a mistake and punch out the wrong hole, take one of the round pieces that collect in the non-breakable reservoir on the puncher. Position it in the incorrect hole. You might want to take a toothpick to hold it there for the next step. Take some red colored nail polish and dab on a tiny bit to glue the center back into the hole. Use red nail polish (or something similar) so you can see where you made the repair. When you go to use the card, check the red spots incase the hole came away from the card. This doesn't usually happen, but it's a great way to make sure.
|
I am glad you got it pucnched out maureen, by the way If, like this punhcard it has most of the holes punched out that is an indication that it is for tuck stitch and also could be slip stitch too.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that tip about the nail varnish, I usually use sellotape on both sides of the incorrectly puched hole and the holes the sellotape covers up I poke a dressmakers pin threw so I can re punch it with the puncher. after it is sorted out I coulour it in with a permenante marker pen.
That is a great tip for fixing your punchcard mistakes. I usually do what Alex does but next time I'm going to try the nail varnish.
ReplyDelete