Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I ordered a wool winder today

I have been researching wool winders for a while.  After I screwed up rewinding my cone two days ago I realised that sooner would be better than lately as I need to rewind that into a usable cone so I can use it on my current project. (more about that later)  There are some all metal ones on the market.  One of them has more gears than the other making it go faster.  That was the one I was going to order, it was $42.  The other one was $40.  After looking around ebay some more this morning I found someone else selling the one with lesser gears for less money, $36.95 and they had a make an offer option too.  Also, they had stated that they had tried the winders and found the two metal yarn feeders to be substandard as the finish on them was rough and they had replaced them with nicely chromed feeders.

I made an offer of $33 expecting it to be rejected but they accepted it and my wool winder is on it's way. I made the offer and then went out to mow.  While driving around on the mower I was thinking I should just have paid the full price and be done with it cos they have 48hrs to accept or decline your offer. I had only been out about half an hour when my husband came out and called me over to say they had accepted my offer so he was going to pay for it. (We use the same ebay and paypal account lol)

Wow, I just checked on ebay to find the listing number to post and he has upped the price to $39.95.  Didn't I do well?

Anway this is the item link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Metal-Yarn-Fiber-Wool-String-Ball-Winder-10-oz-/390351167670?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae2be20b6#ht_735wt_997

Can't wait for it to get here.

Now back to my project.  I have emailed my daughter in law to get up to date measurements for my granddaughter so I can make the correct size of jacket for her so will proceed with that when I get them later tonight.  (She is out on a photo shoot right now, she is a professional photographer).

Tomorrow will be out all day at the VA hospital with my husband so will be Friday when i get back to it.

I wish I was as prolific with my knitting as some of my knitter friends.

4 comments:

  1. HI! Nice to have another follower. Glad you stopped by my blog. We can learn together. :) I still don't have a wool winder, sure do need to get one. Have my eye on one from knitpics.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you stopped by and looked me up. Thanks, really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Studio (Singer) 360 and a Silver Reed LK-150. The 150 is my favorite, even though it does not use punch cards. It is a workhorse. The 360 is rather finiky, especially where yarn in concerned. What do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Studio 700 standard machine with a SRP 50 ribber attachment. No lace carriage as yet. I would like a chunky machine too at some point when one just pops up at the right price. The 700 has built in knit radar and I am using it for the first time on my latest garment. I have had machines in the past but many moons ago so it is like starting from scratch again. Age plays a big factor for me lol, I seem to be encountering more problems now than I ever did when I was a lot younger. I am bound and determined though to learn how to use it successfully. Two small sweaters under my belt so far but not without some trials and tribulations along the way. Third one underway but already had problems lol. Loving every minute though!

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.