Friday, September 9, 2011

I got me a whirly gig!

I had forgotten to post about my successful eBay bid.  I wanted to pick up a wool winder and a skein holder at some point so I can obtain skeins of yarn if I see something I really like.  I didn't want to pay a lot as the likelihood of using them very often is quite remote.  Anyway, I saw the whirly gig on ebay so thought I would put in a bid.  I was prepared to pay up to $10.  I entered when it was around $5.  I got it for $8.52 brand new with $5.95 postage. Around $9.40 UKP all in. Another seller was selling them for $14.99 plus postage of $8.00 so I think I got a good deal.

Here it is....



Next is the wool winder and then some skein yarn.

Also I found a KR7 children's pattern set on sale on ebay-uk for 1.82 UKP and postage of 4 UKP buy it now so I bought those too.  Will perhaps wait for them to get here before I start on my next project so I can use the Knit radar.  Also I still have some of Susan's videos to watch on using knit radar.  I watched four last night.  Our internet is quite slow so watching videos takes up a lot of bandwidth so I do it at night after my husband has gone to bed so as not to interfere with his computer use.

I will do a swatch in the meantime and see if I can work out which ruler thingy to use.

The same company also has a website for online sales.  They have a man's set too for 5.82 UKP with 5 UKP postage.  I will buy them if I like using the knit radar. I am sure I can find something in there I can use as a base for making myself a sweater.  Gotta love pay pal for being able to purchase using different currency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.