Alex and Susan have been very productive, not so me today! I still can't do increasing in rib when I have just casted on and the cast on comb is still up between the gate pegs of the two beds. There just isn't room to hand the big hook thing on there to hold down the zig zag made by pulling out an extra needle. So not to be beaten I decided to reverse what I wanted to do and make the mitre by increasing instead. This means though, that I can't use the nice casted ON edge as the open edge and as I have to have the casted OFF edge as the open edge, I can't leave the neckband on the machine and bring the garment to it.
So, I did a sample run on waste yarn to see if I could get the neckband back on the needles and bring the garment to it and get that on too then join them to see how it would look. It actually will work fine.
So then I decided to do the first half of the neckband (well, it's actually more than half as it goes across the back then across the top of one arm and down one side of the front) and goodness only knows what I did wrong but it was only knitting on every other stitch like I was doing mock rib but I was using the ribber!!!!! Go figure on that one lol.
Anyway, I tried again and this time was more successful.
So my nearly three hour knitted stint produced only this.....but there were a few more lessons learned too.
I am just hoping that the open edge isn't wrinkly when it's all joined up. Hopefully it will stretch out enough for it not to be.
Tomorrow I will finish the other part of the neckband and attach it all together.
Looking forward to the next project with tuck stitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.