Monday, September 12, 2011

Filling in time

As I am waiting for my knit radar patterns to arrive before starting on another sweater I decided to go on an internet  hunt for my missing punch cards.  When I bought my machine the only things missing were 10 of the original punch card set of 20 and the knit radar patterns.  I have purchased one set of kid's knit radar patterns from ebay UK and can purchase a man's set later from them, so am on my way to getting  those. Still need to locate a woman's set or the original set which I believe had men's women's and kid's patterns

I found one site that had two images of all the patterns in the original punch card set and miraculously I found a pdf file which had images of each punch card individually.  I printed the ones I was missing and have started on punching them.

As several of my missing cards were for tuck patterns there are a lot of holes to punch lol!

I have done three so far.  Two were perfect but on the busiest one I made a mistake. Had to get out the nail varnish again!  At least this is something I can do in the comfort of our living room.



I also found a site where I could purchase the original set of punch cards for $24.95 plus shipping and might at some later date purchase them but for now I will punch away!  I need other stuff first.

Any recommendations for a good wool winder?  Do I need to buy a jumbo one or will a standard one suffice?

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for doing all that punching - I can't stand punching out punch cards, i get bored with it. I bet you can't wait for the patterns to arrive, you'll be knitting loads of jumpers off with those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure it is tedious Phil lol, but it's also something to do while I'm waiting and it's something I can sit and do downstairs. Been away for a couple of days for my husband's hospital appts but back home now so can get on with it again.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.