So I decided to re do the other part of the neckband. I did try the obvious thing of just undoing the casting off and putting it back on the machine and casting off again but it was taking forever and I dropped a stitch that I couldn't pick up so decided to just re knit it. That part doesn't take very long at all. Then I casted it off tightly.......way too tightly as I discovered when I tried to put it back on the machine to join it to the garment. So, I did a third one and this time was successful! The only thing I am a little disappointed in is the thickness of the join. Had I been able to leave the neckband,without having to cast it off, on the machine and bring the garment to it it would have been better. But doing the mitred neckline was the reason I couldn't do it that way.
So my neckband took almost as long as the rest of it lol. I could never make a living out of this! I would be working for pennies per hour at the speed I go!
So here it is pre final sewing up. Look at all the ends! where do they all come from??????
Well done Maureen it looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteit really is looking just so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Phil and Alex. I'm really pleased I got it finished and am happy how it turned out. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
ReplyDelete